CFD is a very important research tool in thermal engineering and heat transfer problems. I have worked in a wide variety of problems across the thermal engineering field from basic problems such as natural1 and forced2turbulent2 convection to practical real-world applications3–6.
- 1.El-Maghlany WM, Saqr KM, Teamah MA. Numerical simulations of the effect of an isotropic heat field on the entropy generation due to natural convection in a square cavity. Energy Conversion and Management. Published online September 2014:333-342. doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2014.05.093
- 2.Abo E Mohamed, Shehata A I, Saqr K M. Numerical investigation of turbulent flow and heat transfer over partially open cavities: Effect of opening ratio. THERM SCI. Published online 2017:2405-2418. doi:10.2298/tsci150309126a
- 3.Saqr KM, Shehata AI, Taha AA, Abo ElAzm MM. CFD modelling of entropy generation in turbulent pipe flow: Effects of temperature difference and swirl intensity. Applied Thermal Engineering. Published online May 2016:999-1006. doi:10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2016.02.014
- 4.Saqr KM, Wahid MA. Effects of swirl intensity on heat transfer and entropy generation in turbulent decaying swirl flow. Applied Thermal Engineering. Published online September 2014:486-493. doi:10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2014.05.059
- 5.Saqr KM, Mansour MK, Musa MN. Thermal design of automobile exhaust based thermoelectric generators: Objectives and challenges. IntJ Automot Technol. Published online April 2008:155-160. doi:10.1007/s12239-008-0020-y
- 6.Abuelnuor AAA, Omara AAM, Saqr KM, Elhag IHI. Improving indoor thermal comfort by using phase change materials: A review. Int J Energy Res. Published online January 30, 2018:2084-2103. doi:10.1002/er.4000